Do you ever think about when life was “simple” or “good," and wonder why you can't get back to that?
Are you overwhelmed with so many thoughts in your mind and feel confused on where to get started?
Do you wish your relationship was different but don’t know if it is even possible?
Do you dream of your family being in a more peaceful place?
Well, I have experienced all of these feelings. You're not alone!
Life is demanding, challenging, and just down right difficult to navigate at times….and I’m here to help you find solutions.
ARE YOU READY TO FIND SOLUTIONS?
Unsure, Doubting, Contemplating therapy….I get it. Therapy is definitely a stigma and no one wants to be viewed as being unhappy or not “normal.” Truth is, things happen, life is difficult and sometimes we ALL need assistance. There's a place where someone is there to listen, process, maintain confidentiality and be completely neutral with you. There's a place where your voice, your story will be heard. There’s a place where you will not be judged. Here you can FINALLY have the sense of closure or peace that you have been searching for.
Picture date nights with your significant other without arguments. Live in a world, where you and your children have family game nights. Think about noticing that you're anxious and stopping the anxiety before you have a panic attack. Imagine doing the activities that you always loved before depression stepped into your life…
Think about change, Be the change, Make the change happen…..Today
I look forward to working with the families, individuals and couples that I serve everyday. I view therapy as a safe place for my client’s to explore and process their life experiences. Being non judgmental, I am able to empathize with my clients and respond from a non-judgemental perspective. As a systemic therapist, I understand that as individuals, our cultures, community and our relationships can affect our mental health and well-being. I also believe that children’s behaviors are symptoms of their experiences.
As a therapist I work with many models (treatments) of therapy that are evidence and.or research based, a few including:
1. Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT): which focuses on assessing strengths and resources to find solutions to a problem.
2. Narrative Therapy: which focuses on separating the person from the problem and creating a new narrative to focus on competencies and strengths.
3. Client Centered Therapy: which focuses on change occurring by creating conditions for the client to grow. Examples of this are: Genuineness, Unconditional Positive Regard, and Empathy.
4. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT): which focuses on learning to modify unhelpful thought patterns to improve the relationship between thoughts and feelings.
5. Therapy using play: with children, adolescents and teens to capture children's natural urge to explore to meet and respond to their developmental and mental health needs, I engage children through play.
Here are Some Tips to Help You Manage Stress.
With a License in Marriage and Family Therapy, I take pride in servicing individuals, couples, children and their families. I specialize in working with children, adolescents, teens and their families. I excel in reducing family conflict, suicidal ideation, and trauma reduction. I also work from a Christian approach when asked by my clients. I strive to be non judgmental, supportive, transparent and to provide assistance for my clients who are being impacted by their relationships, societal pressures, culture differences, self-esteem, emotions, and academic pressures to name a few.
Overall, I am a graduate from Nova Southeastern University that has a sense of humor, is fun and loving. I enjoy spending time with my friends and family and rollerblading on the beach. I love television and movies and being an adult kid :). My fur babies are my everything. My favorite pastime is playing Plants versus Zombies with my husband.
I look forward to collaborating with you to assist you on your journey to happiness and overall health.
Work with me by calling today for a free 15-minute phone consultation at 954-903-1676 to discover if we would be a good fit to work together.