Hi there. Welcome!
It takes courage, self awareness, and time to invest in your relationships and emotional well-being.
As human beings, we are all on a journey, striving to be the best versions of ourselves while battling the very real obstacles surrounding the human experience, such as: depression, anxiety, imposter syndrome/feelings of inadequacy, relationship issues, and self-imposed unfair/unrealistic rules and time lines.
It is important to acknowledge that the vast majority of individuals will experience some form of trauma or difficult situations in their lifetime. By learning how our thoughts, feelings, and behaviors are all connected and influence one another, we can learn how to weather the storm and enjoy the sunny days.
The best gift we can give ourselves to take control of our lives is to learn coping skills, executive functioning skills, positive communication skills and overall healthy approaches to problem solving.
The only constant in life is change— so I invite you to invest in yourself and take one baby step each day towards growth and self-love.
ARE YOU READY TO FIND SOLUTIONS
Whether this is your first time in counseling or you’ve participated before, welcome.
As your counselor, one of my roles is to help clients become more aware of self dialogue, patterns of behavior and areas of growth. I encourage being present and honoring your feelings and experiences with the ultimate goal of finding your peace.
Your sessions are meant to create an environment of comfort and safety. And through the use of self-empowerment tools we will work together to help propel a healthy change in your life.
The therapeutic approach is the type of lens used to gain perception of a present concern and the different resources/tools used to attend to concerns.
The different models of therapy that I utilize during sessions consist of:
(1) Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)- Using psycho-education to learn how trauma may manifest itself and influence our thoughts, feelings, and actions. By recognizing different automatic negative thoughts and core beliefs one may modify and practice replacing these negative thoughts with one’s that serve one better.
(2) Solution Focused Therapy- The simple yet complex art of practicing simplicity to identify the prominent concern in one’s life and creating SMART goals to find the “solution. ”
(3) Narrative Therapy - You are the author of your life. In narrative therapy, you take the time to share your life story or other narratives, with the ultimate goal of rewriting and modifying our life’s chapters
(4) The Gottman Method - An approach of therapy that helps bring couples closer through learning better communication skills and empathy.
(5) Family Systems- Recognizing that human beings are creatures of habit that fall into patterns of repeating certain behaviors. Through awareness one may learn to modify patterns and cycles of behavior.
....and other tools to best help client with the many problems they might be facing, and together we work on finding solutions.
A LITTLE BIT MORE ABOUT ME
I have a passion for working with children, teens, and families. I am open to a faith-based approach to counseling depending on a client’s preference. I strive to help people practice gratitude, live their lives with intention, and to tap into one’s inner joy.
In 2013 I graduated from Barry University with my bachelors in science. My love of psychology and therapy drove me to continue my educational journey and in 2016 I received my masters in counseling from Barry University. I have licenses in mental health, and marriage and family counseling. I am a certified national counselor (NCC) and certified in Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT).
I have lived almost half my life in Nevada and the other half in South Florida. Having lived in two states that have a large hispanic population, I’m bilingual in both Spanish and English. On my off time, I enjoy playing tennis, doing arts & crafts, going on nature walks and spending time with friends and family.
Mankind is more alike than different and I would enjoy the opportunity to collaborate with you and give you a space to share your life stories.
Work with me by calling us today at 954-903-1676 to discover if we would be a good fit to work together.